Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bolly Wood Without Cloths

Arm & Iris, "The High Current (LZO Records, 2010) The Return


I mentioned Arm, the group's rapper Psykick Lyrikah on this blog . It has, in my humble opinion, one of the best writers of French rap. When I found his band with their album "Lights in the rain", I immediately identified with the sound and lyrics; immediate adherence to an aesthetic I was looking for a long time. Subsequently I followed the different outputs of the group and I '.'ve Been able to get their album "From here" during a tour in France. It was during this tour that many people told me about a project a bit of dark beatmaker Robert the Magnificent which involved Arm. A disc that I tried every FNAC that I saw but I never found. This album's "Hamlet", composed by Robert the Magnificent, and Tepr My dog is gay three beatmakers super interesting. "Hamlet" is actually the soundtrack to an adaptation of the play in a band a little underground. Back home, I searched for this album on the internets and I finally discovered that there were two albums, the second entitled "Theme and Variations", where Robert the Magnificent composed all the songs. So I ordered both discs directly to the theater the legged . When the following year I returned to St. Stephen, the guy who told me about this disc I had bought it and offered it to me ... I did not have the heart to tell him that I had already ...



I learned some time ago so that Arm is about to release a new album alongside rapper Iris with productions of Robert the Magnificent, My dog is gay and other producers a little less known (to me) which, The Parasite, Pan @ point Boulo and The Kidd (who signed the great beat of the song title). I actually forgot Iris was in fact ... I did not remember to have heard on a compilation that I bought shortly after the discovery of Psykick Lyrikah. What a mistake, not only Iris is a great rapper with any writing as interesting as that of Arm but this compilation is the bomb. In fact, I do not know if this is not the album instead of a collective rather than compiled. It is the hard Soul'Sodium , an album combining the best of current French rap, for fans of substance and sound sought after, of course. We find the above Iris and Arm also Soklak , September and Grems , Rappers really interesting. On this album they enslave the collaborators and solo pieces with remarkable consistency and great taste. To learn more about these artsites can go on the label website LZO , very well done.



Furthermore, I also discovered this beautiful piece of Iris on a beat Para One (known for his collabos with TTC ...)




What is this disc's two largest feathers of the French rap? Excellent disk, varied beats, introspective and reflective subjects, with texts highly imaged. In addition, the presentation of the album is superb, at least version 7 "vinyl with the cd inserted inside. A superb product that has had the distinction of being criticized by ... Bande à Part . .... a disappointing 6.5 which I found slightly insulting ... The title track is probably one of my favorite songs of 2010, with a beat perfect for holding a wealth of texts found in too few rap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment